Data Science, Finance, Empirical Macroeconomics
- Since 04/2018: Assistant professor University of Cologne
- 2015 - 2017: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Washington, DC
- 2009 - 2015: PhD in Economics, Harvard University
- 2009 - 2012: MA in Economics, Harvard University
- 2007 - 2008: Visiting student, University of California, Berkeley
- 2004 - 2009: Diploma in Economics, University of Bonn
- Did QE lead to lax bank lending standards? Evidence from the Federal Reserve’s LSAPs (forthcoming) (joint with Robert Kurtzman and Stephan Luck), Journal of Banking and Finance
- Employment Effects of Unconventional Monetary Policy: Evidence from QE (forthcoming) (joint with Stephan Luck), Journal of Financial Economics
- Revisiting the Narrative Approach of Estimating Fiscal Multipliers (2018) (joint with Shafik Hebous), Scandinavian Journal of Economics vol.120(2), pp. 331-653.
- Estimating the Effects of Coordinated Fiscal Actions in the Euro Area (2013) (joint with Shafik Hebous), European Economic Review, vol. 58, pp. 110-121.
Selected working papers
- Publication Bias and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns (joint with Andrew Chen)
- Tree-based conditional portfolio sorts: The relation between past and future stock returns (joint with Benjamin Moritz)