The Corporate Development track of the Master of Science in Business Administration covers methods and means of strategic corporate management and development, as well as human resource management.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of corporate development, strategic management and strategic human resource management
- Recognise your responsibility and that of stakeholders regarding a company's objectives and role in society
- Learn how to make responsible business decisions based on ethical and economic criteria
- Design your learning and work process independently
- Meet potential employers both in courses and through career events, such as the WiSo job fair
- Take the next step for your career in the industry, in public institutions or in consulting
Contact between companies and students is established and promoted through guest lectures and seminars, thus enabling students to appreciate the practical relevance of the knowledge they have acquired in their master courses. This programme deepens the knowledge gained from your bachelor studies, giving you advanced expertise in your chosen field. It opens wide-ranging prospects for professional careers in business management (in private or public institutions) and in the manifold areas of consultancy, along with specialisation options - depending on the subject chosen - in human resource management or in strategic organisational design development. As the University of Cologne is state-funded, there are no tuition fees, just a "semester contribution" of roughly 250 euros. This cost covers the "semester ticket" for public transportation throughout the entire state of North Rhine-Westphalia (where Cologne is located). Therefore, with us, you can invest in an excellent education - and your future - without paying a fortune.
As a student of the WiSo Faculty, you gain from an approach based on theory and methods, combining both research and teaching with practical elements. Education within our Faculty has benefited from many years of experience working with companies and guest lecturers from different professional fields. Many of the guest lecturers are professionals and managers who bring important industry experience to the programmes, resulting in sector-specific, up-to-date content for our students. This ensures that the programmes reflect the real world and that they combine practice and theory, whilst promoting knowledge-sharing between companies and you.
This programme offers a research-based, practice-oriented curriculum developing your skills in core tasks in corporate developement, such as international strategic management, M&A, entrepreneurship, organization design, human rescource management, and ethical leadership and governance.