skip to content

Applying for the Bachelor Programmes

Application Deadlines and Online Application

15 July for the start of studies in winter semester

15 January for the start of studies in summer semester (only BSc in Business Administration and Economics)

German citizens apply online via the website of the Student Admissions Office.

EU/EEA citizens apply via the website of the Student Admissions Office.

Non-EU/EEA citizens apply via the International Office and Uni-Assist.

Applying for Advanced Course-Related Semesters

Application for an advanced course-related semester under a bachelor’s degree programme is processed by the Student Admissions Office . Please obtain information there on the application procedure. Information (only in German) can be found here.

IMPORTANT: Please note that applying for an advanced course-related semester as a “lateral entrant” requires a course-related semester grading test and a letter of confirmation stating whether a lateral entry or a change of location. Further information can be found here.

If you are changing locations, you merely need a certificate of study from your present university indicating your course-related semester.

As a location-changer, however, you may only apply for the same degree course, with the course designation on the study certificate being decisive. Equally relevant is the type of bachelor’s degree you are striving for (i.e. Arts or Science). For example, you can only apply for the bachelor’s degree course “BSc in Business Administration” if this is the course designation on your study certificate.


Applying as a Professional without Abitur (Secondary School-Leaving Examination)

On 6 March 2009, the Standing Conference of the German State Ministers of Education adopted the Resolution on “university access for qualified professionals without a secondary school-leaving certificate”. The respective NRW State Ordinance entered into force on 12 March 2010.

For more details, please go to the following website (in German):

University Access for Qualified Professionals