Equal opportunity, diversity and pluralism are of the utmost importance to our faculty, and we strive to actively promote them wherever we can. The WiSo Faculty is fully committed to the "Gender Equality & Diversity" mission statement of the University of Cologne.
We want to create framework conditions that ensure that the University of Cologne is open to all people with appropriate access rights, regardless of their circumstances and social backgrounds. The Equal Opportunities Plan of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences defines the goals and measures to support equal opportunities.
We want to ensure that the University of Cologne is open to anyone and everyone who deserves to be there, regardless of individual circumstances or social backgrounds. The Equal Opportunity Plan of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences outlines a set of goals and measures designed to promote equality.
Among other things, the WiSo Faculty has taken the following measures to support our commitment to diversity and equal opportunity at the University of Cologne:
- Support for GeStiK (Gender Studies in Cologne), direct approval of GeStik teaching assignments for the Studium Integrale by the Dean of Studies of the WiSo Faculty
- Measures to increase the representation of women in professorships by improving the quality of appointment processes
- Measures to increase the representation of women in habilitations, substitute professorships and teaching positions
- Measures to mitigate the underrepresentation of women by means of targeted appeals
- Support for a healthy balance of scientific/professional responsibilities, studies and family life, including flexible working schedules, improved infrastructure and family-friendly workplaces
- Measures to increase the international representativeness of students, professors and employees