Big Data Analytics, Computer Science and Management Science, Energy Economics and Policy, Information Systems (IS), Machine Learning, Sustainability
- Since 2017 Chaired Professor, Faculty of Management, Economics, and Social Sciences, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
- Since 2017 Director, Institute of Energy Economics, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
- Since 2015 Head, Information Systems section, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Since 2013 Professor and Endowed Chair, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- 2011 - 2013 Associate Professor, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University,
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- 2007 - 2011 Assistant Professor, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University,
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- 2001 - 2007 Research Assistant, Department of Computer Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
- 2001 - 2007 Ph.D. (Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence & Information Systems), University of Minnesota, Department of Computer Science, Minneapolis, USA
- 1999 - 2000 M.S. (Software Engineering), University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
- 1994 - 1998 M.S. (Telecommunication Engineering), University of Applied Sciences of Trier, Trier, Germany
- Joshua Paundra, Laurens Rook, Jan van Dalen, Wolfgang Ketter.
Preferences for car sharing services: Effects of instrumental attributes and psychological ownership. In Journal of Environmental Psychology, Forthcoming, 2017 (see also here).
- Konstantina Valogianni and Wolfgang Ketter. Data-Driven Electricity Customer Decision Support: Evidence from a Real-world Pilot. Decision Support Systems, 91:48–66, 2016.
- Wolfgang Ketter, Markus Peters, John Collins, and Alok Gupta. Competitive Benchmarking: An IS Research Approach to Address Wicked Problems with Big Data and Analytics. Management Information Systems Quarterly, 40(4):1057–1080, December 2016.
- Yixin Lu, Alok Gupta, Wolfgang Ketter, and Eric van Heck. Exploring Bidder Heterogeneity in Multi-Channel Sequential B2B Auctions. Management Information Systems Quarterly, 40(3):645–662, September 2016.
- Wolfgang Ketter, Markus Peters, John Collins, and Alok Gupta. A Multi-agent Competitive Gaming Platform to address Societal Challenges. Management Information Systems Quarterly, 40(2):447–460, June 2016.
- Wolfgang Ketter, John Collins, Maria Gini, Alok Gupta, and Paul Schrater. Real-time Tactical and Strategic Sales Management for Intelligent Trading Agents Guided by Economic Regimes. Information Systems Research, 23(4):1263–1283, 2012.
- Martin Bichler, Alok Gupta, and Wolfgang Ketter. Designing Smart Markets. In Information. Systems Research, 20th Anniversary Special Issue, 21:688–699, 2010.
- In 2012 Ketter won the prestigious INFORMS ISS Design Science Award.
- In 2013 he won the runner-up award for the best European IS research paper of the year; awarded jointly by the Association of Information Systems and top European CIOs as the most innovative and commercially applicable research.
- In 2013 he also won the highly competitive Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) Top Article Award.
- 2014 the ERIM Impact Award for highly influential research on business and society.
- 2017 Runner-Up Best Paper of the Year Award at the digital leadership conference CIOCITY in Amsterdam