Democratic Political Institutions, Party Competition, Parliamentary Politics, Political Representation, European Politics, Quantitative Text Analysis
- Since 2017: Professor and Chair for European Politics, Cologne Center for Comparative Politics, University of Cologne
- 2015 - 2016: Co-Director, European Union Centre of Excellence, Montreal
- 2016: Associate Professor and William Dawson Scholar, Department of Political Science, McGill University
- 2013 - 2016: Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, McGill University
- 2008 – 2013: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, SFB 884 Political Economy of Reforms, University of Mannheim
- 2008: PhD in Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles
- Sven-Oliver Proksch and Jonathan B. Slapin. 2015. The Politics of Parliamentary Debate: Parties, Rebels, and Representation. Cambridge University Press.
- Daniel Finke, Thomas König, Sven-Oliver Proksch, George Tsebelis. 2012. Reforming the European Union: Realizing the Impossible. Princeton University Press.
- Proksch, Sven-Oliver, Christopher Wratil, and Jens Wäckerle. 2019. "Testing the Validity of Automatic Speech Recognition for Political Text Analysis" Political Analysis
- Proksch, Sven-Oliver, Will Lowe, Jens Wäckerle, and Stuart Soroka. 2019. "Multilingual Sentiment Analysis: A New Approach to Measuring Conflict in Legislative Speeches", Legislative Studies Quarterly 44(1): 97-131
- Lindstädt, René, Sven-Oliver Proksch, and Jonathan B. Slapin. 2018. "When Experts Disagree: Response Aggregation and Its Consequences in Expert Surveys", Political Science Research and Methods
- Angelova, Mariyana, Thomas König, Sven-Oliver Proksch. 2016. "Responsibility Attribution in Coalition Governments: Evidence from Germany", Electoral Studies
- James Lo, Sven-Oliver Proksch, and Jonathan B. Slapin. 2014. “Ideological Clarity in Multi-Party Competition: A New Measure and Test Using Election Manifestos”, British Journal of Political Science. Published online: July 2014.
- James Lo, Sven-Oliver Proksch, and Thomas Gschwend. 2014. “A Common Left-Right Scale for Voters and Parties in Europe”, Political Analysis 22(2): 205-223.
- David Fortunato, Thomas König, and Sven-Oliver Proksch. 2013. “Government Agenda-Setting and Bicameral Conflict Resolution”, Political Research Quarterly 66(4): 938-951.
- Christian B. Jensen, Sven-Oliver Proksch, and Jonathan B. Slapin. 2013. “Parliamentary Questions, Oversight, and National Opposition Status in the European Parliament”, Legislative Studies Quarterly 38(2): 259-282.
- Sven-Oliver Proksch and Jonathan B. Slapin. 2012. “Institutional Foundations of Legislative Speech”, American Journal of Political Science 56(3): 520-537.