Brand Management, Marketing in Digital Environments, Customer Experience Management, Market Research
- Since 2016 Member of the University Council of the University of Cologne
- 2017 Editors’ citation award for “Managing brands in the social media environment” (Journal of Interactive Marketing, Special Issue on Social Media and Marketing, Vol. 27 (4), co-authored by S. Gensler, Y. Liu-Thompkins, and C. Wiertz) being one of the 5 most highly cited papers during 2014, 2015 and up until June 2016 (Scopus Article Metrics).
- Since 2015 Member of the Institutional Strategy Steering Committee, University of Cologne
- 2013 Best Overall Conference Paper Award (Bruno, P., V. Melnyk, F., Völckner, “The temperature crossover in advertising - how physical temperature influences consumers’ emotional responses to advertising,”), Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference 2013
- 2011 VHB Best Paper Award and finalist for the Robert D. Buzzell MSI Best Paper Award 2011 (Fischer, M., F. Völckner, H. Sattler, 2010, “How important are brands? A cross-category, cross-country study,” Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 47 (5), 823-839)
- 2008 VHB Young Academics Best Paper Award
- Since 2007 Professor of Marketing, University of Cologne
- 2006 Habilitation in Business Administration, University of Hamburg
- 2003 - 2007 Post-Doc, University of Hamburg, Germany
- 2003 Doctoral degree, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Klein, K., F. Völckner, H.A. Bruno, H. Sattler, & P. Bruno (2019), “Brand positioning based on brand image–country image fit,” Marketing Science, Vol. 38 (3), 516-538.
- Hofmann, J., M. Clement, F. Völckner, and T. Hennig-Thurau (2017), “Empirical generalizations on the impact of stars on the economic success of movies,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 34 (2), 442-461.
- Gensler, S., F. Völckner, M. Egger, K. Fischbach, and D. Schoder (2016), “Listen to your customers: Insights into brand image using online consumer-generated product reviews,” International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol. 20 (1), 112-141.
- Becker, J.-M., A. Rai, C. M. Ringle, and F. Völckner (2013), “Discovering unobserved heterogeneity in structural equation models to avert validity threats,” MIS Quarterly, Vol. 37 (3), 665-694.
- Melnyk, V., K. Klein, and F. Völckner (2012), “The double-edged sword of foreign brand names for companies from emerging countries,” Journal of Marketing, Vol. 76 (6), 21-37.
- Fischer, M., F. Völckner, and H. Sattler (2010), “How important are brands? A cross-category, cross-country study,” Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 47 (5), 823-839.
- Sattler, H., F. Völckner, C. Riediger, and C. M. Ringle (2010), “The Impact of brand extension success factors on brand extension price premium,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 27 (4), 319-328.
- Völckner, F., H. Sattler, T. Hennig-Thurau, and C. M. Ringle (2010), “The role of parent brand quality for service brand extension success,” Journal of Service Research, Vol. 13 (4), 379-396.
- Völckner, F. (2008), “The dual role of price: Decomposing consumers’ reactions to price,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 36 (3), 359-377.
- Völckner, F. and H. Sattler (2006), “Drivers of brand extension success,” Journal of Marketing, Vol. 70 (2), 18-34.