Fabian J. Sting
Supply Chain Strategy, Technology and Innovation Strategy, Collaboration, Strategy Implementation, Manufacturing Management, Process Innovation
- 2016 - now: Full Professor and Director of Department of Supply Chain Management - Strategy and Innovation
University of Cologne, Germany
- 2014 - now: Associate Professor (tenured) of Operations Management
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- 2010-2014: Assistant Professor of Operations Management ("Early Tenure")
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, The Netherlands, early tenure granted in October 2014
- 2008-2010: Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Technology and Operations Management
INSEAD, Technology and Operations Management, Fontainebleau, France
- 2005-2008: Ph.D. in Productions Management, ("Dr. rer. pol.", summa cum laude)
WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany
- 2006 (Spring): Ph.D. studies as visiting scholar, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
Kellogg School of Management and McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- 2005-2007: M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics ("M.Sc. in Mathematik - Methoden und Modelle") University of Hagen, Hagen, Germany
- 2004 (Spring): Graduate Studies as exchange student
University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- 2002-2005: Diploma Studies (Master equivalent) with focus on Management Science ("Diplom-Kaufmann mit Studienausrichtung Management Science")
Catholic University of Eichstaett-Ingolstadt, Ingolstadt, Germany
- Cornelius, Philipp, Gokpinar, Bilal and Fabian J. Sting (2020), Employee Mobility and Manufacturing
Innovation, forthcoming in Management Science.
- Schneider, Paul and Fabian J. Sting (2020), Employees' Perspectives on Digitalization-Induced
Change: Exploring Frames of Industry 4.0, forthcoming in Academy of Management Disco-
- Fuchs, Christoph, Sting, Fabian J., Schlickel, Maik and Oliver Alexy (2019), The Ideator’s Bias: How Identity-induced Self-efficacy Drives Overestimation in Employee-driven Process Innovation, forthcoming in Academy of Management Journal.
- Chandrasekaran, Aravind, Linderman, Kevin, Sting, Fabian J. (2018), Avoiding epistemological silos and empirical elephants in OM: How to combine empirical and simulation methods?, forthcoming in Journal of Operations Management, 2018.
- Sting, Fabian J., Stevens, Merieke, and Murat Tarakci (2018), Temporary De-Embedding Buyer-Supplier Relationships: A Complexity Perspective, forthcoming in Journal of Operations Management.
- Crama, Pascale, Sting, Fabian J., and Yaozhong Wu (2017), Encouraging Help across Projects, forthcoming in Management Science.
- Sting, Fabian J. and Christoph H. Loch (2016), Implementing Operations Strategy: How Vertical and Horizontal Coordination Interact, Production and Operations Management, 25 (7), pp. 1177-1193.
- Chandrasekaran, Aravind, Linderman, Kevin, Sting, Fabian J. and Mary J. Benner (2016), Managing R&D Project Shifts in High-Tech Organizations: A Multi-Method Study, Production and Operations Management, 25 (3), pp. 390-416.
- Mihm, Jurgen, Sting, Fabian J. and Tan Wang (2015) On the Eﬀectiveness of Patenting Strategies in Innovation Races, Management Science, 61(11), pp. 2662-2684.
- Sting, Fabian J., Loch, Christoph H. and Dirk Stempfhuber (2015), Encouraging Help to Accelerate Projects, MIT Sloan Management Review, 56(3), pp. 33-41.
- Sting, Fabian J. and Arnd Huchzermeier (2014), Operational Hedging and Diversiﬁcation under Correlated Supply and Demand Uncertainty, Production and Operations Management, 23(7), pp. 1212–1226.
- Kim, Yoon H., Sting, Fabian J. and Christoph H. Loch (2014) Top-Down, Bottom-Up, or Both?Toward an Integrative Perspective on Operations Strategy Formation, Journal of Operations Management, 32(7), pp. 462–474.
- Sting, Fabian J. and Arnd Huchzermeier (2012), Dual Sourcing – Hedging Against Correlated Supply and Demand Uncertainty, Naval Research Logistics, 59(1), pp. 69–89.
- Loch, Christoph H., Sting, Fabian J., Huchzermeier, Arnd and Christiane Decker (2012), Finding the Proﬁt in Fairness, Harvard Business Review, 90(10), pp. 111–115.
- Sting, Fabian J. and Arnd Huchzermeier (2010), Ensuring Responsive Capacity: How to Contract with Backup Suppliers, European Journal of Operational Research, 207(2), pp. 725–735.
- Loch, Christoph H.; Sting, Fabian J.; Bauer, Nikolaus and Helmut Mauermann (2010), How BMW Is Defusing the Demographic Time Bomb, Harvard Business Review, 88(3), pp. 99–102.