Comparative Political Institutions; Federalism, Decentralization and Multilevel Governance; Party Systems
- Since 2019 Substitute Member of ECONtribute Steering Committee
- Since 2017 Vice-President of the German consortium for the foundation of the Turkish-German University, Istanbul
- Since 2016 elected member of DFG Fachkollegium 111 Sozialwissenschaften
- Since 2016 member of Tenure Commission, University of Cologne
- Since 2014 member of Board, Competence Area II - Social and Economic Behavior at the University of Cologne
- Since 2013 member of Advisory Board, Centre for Elections, Media and Participation at University of Exeter (CEMAP)
- Since 2012 member of „Emerging Fields Initiative“ Advisory Board, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2009 - 2015 Executive Committee, European Consortium for Political Research
- Since 2007 International Max Planck Research School The Social and Political Constitution of the Economy
- Since 2003 Full Professor, University of Cologne (other job offers: Bamberg, Freiburg)
- 2000 - 2001 Full Professor pro tempore, University of Konstanz
- 2000 Habilitation, University of Mannheim
- 1996 - 2003 Assistant Professor, University of Mannheim (2000 - 2003 on leave)
- 1994 Dr phil, University of Freiburg
- Röth, Leonce, and André Kaiser, 2018. Why Accommodate Minorities Asymmetrically? A Theory of Ideological Authority Insulation, European Journal of Political Research https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/1475-6765.12301
- Spies, Dennis C., and André Kaiser. 2014. Does the Mode of Candidate Selection Affect the Representativeness of Parties? Party Politics 20: 576-590.
Biela, Jan, Annika Hennl, and André Kaiser. 2013. Policy Making in Multilevel Systems. Federalism, Decentralisation, and Performance in the OECD Countries, Colchester: ECPR Press.
Biela, Jan, Annika Hennl, and André Kaiser. 2012. Combining Federalism and Decentralization. Comparative Case Studies on Regional Development Policies in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, and Ireland. Comparative Political Studies 45: 447–476.
Sauermann, Jan, and André Kaiser. 2010. Taking Others into Account: Self-Interest and Fairness in Majority Decision Making. American Journal of Political Science 54: 667–685.
Kaiser, André. 2008. Parliamentary Opposition in Westminster Democracies: Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The Journal of Legislative Studies 14: 20–45.
Franzmann, Simon, and André Kaiser. 2006. Locating Political Parties in Policy Space A Reanalysis of Party Manifesto Data. Party Politics 12: 163–188.
Kaiser, André. 2002. Mehrheitsdemokratie und Institutionenreform: Verfassungspolitischer Wandel in Australien, Großbritannien, Kanada und Neuseeland im Vergleich. Frankfurt/Main; New York: Campus Verlag.
Kaiser, André, Matthias Lehnert, Bernhard Miller, and Ulrich Sieberer. 2002. The Democratic Quality of Institutional Regimes: a Conceptual Framework. Political Studies 50: 313–331.
Kaiser, André. 1997. Types of Democracy. From Classical to New Institutionalism. Journal of Theoretical Politics 9: 419–444.