Honours and prizes awarded to members of the WiSo Faculty
Honours and prizes in 2018
- Prof. Dr. Detlef Buschfeld, Director of the Research Institute for Vocational Training in the Craft Trades , was appointed by the President of the German Bundestag, Wolfgang Schäuble, as a member of the Enquete Commission "Vocational Education and Training in the Digital World of Work".
- Under the direction of Prof. Dr. Proksch, a team of five students from the University of Cologne won the debating competition "NRW debattiert Europa".
- According to a recent WirtschaftsWoche ranking, Prof. Jan Recker is the most successful business economist under the age of 40 in German-speaking countries.
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Rosenkranz took 4th place in the WirtschaftsWochen ranking of the most successful researchers under 40 in German-speaking countries.
- Prof. Dr. Völckner received the "Female career award" of HEC Lausanne and presented a research project on brand positioning at the award ceremony. Launched by the Equal Opportunity Committee of HEC Lausanne, the award honors a female academic career outside HEC Lausanne.
Honours and prizes awarded by the University of Cologne in 2018
(in alphabetical order)
- Jun. Prof. Dr. Matthias Heinz, Seminar for Personnel Economics and HRM, was awarded the Hans Kelsen-Prize 2018 for Young Researchers by the University of Cologne to honor his excellent research in the past six years.
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Sutter, Chair for Economics: Design and Behavior, was awarded the Hans Kelsen-Prize 2018 by the University of Cologne to honor his excellent research in the past six years.
- The Albertus Magnus Teaching Award in the fall term 2017 was awarded to Prof. Dr. Ulrich Thonemann, PhD.
Junior Teaching Awards of the WiSo Faculty
- Anna-Kristina Kerkhof received the “Junior Teaching Award of the WiSo Faculty” for the Bachelor course „Medienordnung“ in the summer semester 2017.
- Samuel Stäbler received the “Junior Teaching Award of the WiSo Faculty” for the Master seminar „Management Skills“ in the summer semester 2017.
- Dr. Hendrik Wilhelm received the “Junior Teaching Award of the WiSo Faculty” for the Bachelor course „Organisationsgestaltung“ in the summer semester 2017.