Semester on Leave for Internship/s
Conditions of Issuance
The prerequisite for endorsement is that the applicant can submit written proof of an internship period of, as a rule, four months within the planned semester on leave, e.g. by presenting a copy of the pertinent contract. This criterion is also fulfilled by the completion of several internships.
The Faculty endorses a semester on leave for internship/s once during a student’s course of studies; hence, repeated issuance of the Certificate is not permitted. During a semester on leave, students cannot take any exams or attain other achievements at the WiSo Facult. Please note: the amount of semesters is not stated on your official degree certificate.
If you fulfil the requirements for endorsement, please submit the following documents:
- Confirmation in writing by the employer as regards the duration of your internship
- Filled-in pertinent application form of the Student Admissions Office
- Copy of your student ID
- Your contact data (address, phone number, e-mail address)
- Filled in form PDF ”Acknowledgement of Basic Conditions”
You can submit the documents in the following ways:
- Personally during consultation hours
- In an envelope addressed to us and placed in the red letter-box in the sub-level of the Main Building ( map)
- By post
A staff member of the WiSo Student Service will subsequently contact you when your documents are ready to be collected. On that occasion, please bring along an official photo ID (e.g. personal ID or passport) to prove your identity.
Students from non-EU countries should first consult the International Office.
In case of any queries, please send an e-mail to: wiso-beratung(at)uni-koeln.de.
We wish you a successful semester on leave!