Economics of Innovation, Industrial Organization, Applied Microeconometrics
- since 2020 Elected Member, Ph.D. Student Selection Committee, German Academic Scholarship Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)
- since 2018 Scientific Committee Member, European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE), Annual Conference
- since 2016 Elected Member, Scientific Advisory Board, Deutsches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW) Berlin
- since 2014 Invited Member, Arbeitskreis Kartellrecht, Bundeskartellamt Bonn
- since 2011 Elected Member, Associate Editor, Journal of Economics and Statistics
- since 2011 Elected Member, Committee for Industrial Economics, German Economic Association (Verein für Socialpolitik, VfS)
- since 2010 Full Professor of Economics, Dept. of Economics, University of Cologne (UoC)
- 2018 Scientific Program Committee Member, European Economic Association (EEA), Annual Congress
- 2017-2018 Speaker of the Department of Economics, Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences, University of Cologne
- 2014-2019 Principal Investigator in the DFG Priority Program 1764 (PR 1238/1-1), funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG)
- 2013-2017 Elected Member, Ph.D. Student Selection Committee, German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)
- 2011-2018 Research Affiliate, MPI for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- 2009 Visiting Scholar (4 months), Dept. of Economics, Harvard University, Cambridge (MA), on invitation by Prof. P. Aghion, Ph.D.
- 2009-2010 Associate Professor (untenured), Research group of Prof. M. Hellwig, Ph.D., Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- 2006-2012 Visiting International Fellow (several visits), Advanced Institute of Management Research (AIM), London, UK, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- 2006 Visiting Scholar (2 months), Institute for Fiscal Studies, London, UK, on invitation by Prof. R. Griffith, Ph.D.
- 2004-2012 International Research Fellow, Institute for Fiscal Studies, London, UK
- 2004-2009 Member of the DFG Collaborative Research Centre SFB/Transregio 15, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG)
- 2004-2009 Senior Research Fellow, Research group of Prof. L.-H. Röller, Ph.D., Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB)
- 2002-2003 Marie Curie-Researcher (16 months), Dept. of Economics, University College London, UK
- 2002-2003 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics, University of Mannheim (partly on leave)
- 2002 Ph.D. Economics (Dr. rer. pol., summa cum laude), University of Mannheim (doctoral studies: University of Mannheim, Université Catholique de Louvain in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium)
- 2000 Young Economists' Essay Award, European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE)
- Prantl, Susanne, and Alexandra Spitz-Oener. 2020. “The Impact of Immigration on Competing Natives' Wages: Evidence from German Reunification.” Review of Economics and Statistics, 102(1): 79-97. doi: 10.1162/rest_a_00853.
- Aghion, Philippe, Peter Howitt, and Susanne Prantl. 2015. “Patent Rights, Product Market Reforms, and Innovation.” Journal of Economic Growth, 20(3): 223-262. doi: 10.1007/s10887-015-9114-3.
- Aghion, Philippe, Peter Howitt, and Susanne Prantl. 2013. “Revisiting the Relationship between Competition, Patenting, and Innovation.” In Advances in Economics and Econometrics (10th World Congress, Volume 1: Economic Theory), edited by Daron Acemoglu, Manuel Arellano, and Eddie Dekel, chapter 15, 451-455. Cambridge, MA: Cambridge University Press. doi: 10.1017/CBO9781139060011.016.
- Prantl, Susanne. 2012. “The Impact of Firm Entry Regulation on Long-living Entrants.” Small Business Economics, 39(1): 61-76. doi: 10.1007/s11187-010-9293-4.
- Aghion, Philippe, Richard Blundell, Rachel Griffith, Peter Howitt, and Susanne Prantl. 2009. “The Effects of Entry on Incumbent Innovation and Productivity.” Review of Economics and Statistics, 91(1): 20-32. doi: 10.1162/rest.91.1.20.
- Prantl, Susanne, and Alexandra Spitz-Oener. 2009. “How does Entry Regulation Influence Entry into Self-employment and Occupational Mobility?” Economics of Transition, 17(4): 769-802. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0351.2009.00374.x.
- Prantl, Susanne, Matthias Almus, Jürgen Egeln, and Dirk Engel. 2009. “Lending Decisions of Cooperative Banks, Private Credit Banks and Savings Banks.” Schmollers Jahrbuch, 129(1): 83-132 (in German). doi: 10.3790/schm.129.1.83.
- Aghion, Philippe, Richard Blundell, Rachel Griffith, Peter Howitt, and Susanne Prantl. 2004. “Entry and Productivity Growth: Evidence from Micro-level Panel Data.” Journal of the European Economic Association, 2(2-3): 265-276. doi: 10.1162/154247604323067970.