Social networks, aging, organizations, quantitative methods, research design
- Since October 2021: Professor of Sociology (tenured) and Heisenberg Fellow at University of Cologne, Germany
- 2014-2021 Assistant Professor (W1) at University of Cologne, Germany
- 2010-2014 Post-doctoral Researcher at University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- 2011 PhD in Sociology at University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- 2006-2010 Pre-doctoral Researcher at University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- 2006 Diplom-Soziologin, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- Ellwardt, L., Hank, K., Mendes de Leon, C.F. (2021): Grandparenthood and risk of mortality: Findings from the Health and Retirement Study. Social Science & Medicine, 268, 113371.
- Ellwardt, L., Wittek, R., Hawkley, L., Cacioppo, J. (2020): Social network characteristics and their associations with stress in older adults: Closure and balance in a population-based sample. Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 75(7): 1573-1584.
- Ellwardt, L., Aartsen, M., Van Tilburg, T. (2016): Types of non-kin networks and their association with survival in late adulthood: A latent-class approach. Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 72(4): 694-705.
- Ellwardt, L., Van Tilburg, T., Aartsen, M. (2015): The mix matters: Complex personal networks relate to higher cognitive functioning in old age. Social Science & Medicine, 125, 107-115.
- Ellwardt, L., Peter, S., Präg, P., Steverink, N. (2014): Social contacts of older people in 27 European countries: The role of welfare spending and economic inequality.European Sociological Review 30(4), 413-430.
- Ellwardt, L., Labianca, G. & Wittek, R. (2012): Who are the objects of positive and negative gossip at work? A social network perspective on workplace gossip. Social Networks 34(2), 193-205.