Here the Examination Office provides information on current developments in the examination process. It also provides information about the requirements for the performance of examinations, which result from the current hygiene concept of the university. Therefore, please inform yourself on these pages even shortly before an examination. Information that only concerns individual exams will be published further via the Campus Management System KLIPS. All important information on current measures and advice in connection with the novel corona virus (SARS-CoV-2) can be found on the website of the Rectorate of the University of Cologne".
The guidelines for the organization of work by the university also have an influence on the procedures at the examination office. Please understand that the processing of applications and the sending of documents can sometimes take longer than usual. The following information is given as of 02.12.2020. If there are later changes in the individual areas, this will be marked accordingly:
presence Exams winter semester 2021/2022
Please note the following points in particular:
Here you will find an information sheet with general instructions on how to conduct attendance examinations in due time before the exams. Familiarize yourself with the rules and procedures and observe them as a matter of course.
Alternative examinations forms
Examinations can also be conducted as online examinations (written or oral) for all participating students at the request of an examiner. All further information will be provided by the examiner.
Free attempt (updated 11.01.2021)
The Rectorate and the faculties of the University of Cologne have jointly decided, on the basis of the Corona Epidemic University Regulation, that exams taken between April 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021, which have not been passed, will be considered as not taken. This does not apply to final theses.
In detail, this means that exams that are usually marked as
- not taken or
- not passed (this also applies to exams in which students have documented by a clear declaration of intent that they do not wish to take an exam)
can be recorded in KLIPS with a subsequent withdrawal. It is not necessary to submit applications for retrospective withdrawal for examinations with a date in the above-mentioned period.
The regulations on final examinations remain unaffected.
Final theses (updated 11.01.2021)
- Please contact the examiner for the registration of a thesis as before.
- Requests for return of the topic or for the extention of the deadline must still be addressed to the Examination Office.
- By decision of the Examination Board, until further notice a thesis does not have to be submitted additionally in paper form and on an electronic data carrier if SCIEBO is used for transmission. Detailed instructions for uploading theses can be found here. SCIEBO is the non-commercial cloud storage service for research, studies and teaching developed by the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU Münster) for participating universities.
- It is still possible to submit a paper version and additionally on a data carrier (CD or DVD). The thesis can then be sent by post or dropped into the mailbox in front of the WiSSPo. According to the current status, access to the WiSo building through the main entrance at Albertus-Magnus-Platz and thus to the mailbox in front of the WiSSPo is always guaranteed by at least one entrance.
- Further information can be found on the Internet pages of the examination office.
Inspections (updated 08.01.2021)
The inspection of examination results should be made possible in a timely manner. However, as long as there is no face-to-face teaching at the university, it is not possible to view examinations in a face-to-face format. During this time, inspections should be carried out in an online format if possible.
The chairs will inform you about viewing dates and registration formalities via the central inspection homepage of the faculty or via S-Mail.
All further information on the inspection of examination results can be found here.