English Language Skills
The Double Master's Programme in European Studies is taught in English. It is essential that your English language skills meet the requirements set out below.
You can show your English language skills by submitting:
- a German school-leaving certificate (e.g. Abiturzeugnis) with at least 5 points in the German grading system (end of class 11 (G8) or end of class 12 (G9))
- a bachelor's or master's degree taught entirely in English
- a double bachelor’s degree during which you spent at least one year in an English-speaking country
- an International Baccalaureate
- you are a native speaker (this will be verified by school certificates)
If you do not have one of the above qualifications, you will have to provide proof of your English language skills by submitting one of the following international language test certificates:
- TOEFL iBT with at least 87 points (We will also accept TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition with 87 points).
- IELTS with at least band 6.0 (The IELTS Indicator is also accepted with band 6.0)
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (previously called Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, CAE) with grade A, B or C
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (previously called Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, CPE) with grade A, B, C or Level C1
This requirement must be met by the application deadline. Please note that the English language requirements for your application at Maastricht University may differ than at Cologne. It is important that you check the requirements for both universities carefully.