Empirical personnel economics, Labour economics, Applied Microeconometrics
- Since 2016 Jun. Prof. in Empirical Personnel Economics, University of Cologne
- Since 2012 Senior Researcher at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim
- 2010 Dr. rer. pol. (summa cum laude), Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg
- 2005 Diploma in Economics, University of Mannheim
- Return-to-Job During and After Parental Leave (2016), with Bernd Fitzenberger and Anthony Strittmatter, The International Journal of Human Resource Management 27(8), 803-831.
- Causal Effects on Employment after First Birth – A Dynamic Treatment Approach (2013), with Bernd Fitzenberger and Katrin Sommerfeld, Labour Economics 25, 49-62.
- Workers, Firms or Institutions: What Determines Job Duration for Male Employees in Germany? (2010), with Bernhard Boockmann, Industrial and Labor Relations Review 64 (1), 109-127.
- Unemployment persistence: Is there evidence for stigma effects? (2010), with Martin Biewen, Economics Letters 106 (3), 188-190.